We are building a blockchain-based derivatives exchange and are looking for an experienced QA developer to join us.
Start date: Immediate
Location: Remote (between UTC-8 and UTC+1)
Type: Permanent or long-term contract (outside IR35)
You are an experienced QA Lead or SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) who has proven experience in designing, implementing and maintaining a suite of tests for a derivatives trading system. You’ll be able to read specifications and produce automated tests that probe the expected pathways as well as edge cases of the implementation, checking for correctness.
Vega is building a high-throughput, low-latency platform for decentralised margin trading of financial products. We believe that markets should be open and participants should benefit from a well functioning marketplace. The project began in early 2018, and our testnet was opened to the public in late 2020. You can try it out here.
Our team of 25 is interested in learning from each other and solving complex challenges, with a vibe that can be described as ‘relaxed excellence’. Our professional backgrounds include trading and markets infrastructure, development, academia, and business management.
As we operate distributed, cross-functional teams, our engineers are able to contribute in multiple programming languages. We develop on the following tools and technologies:
- Golang, Python, Typescript
- gRPC, GraphQL
- Docker, Terraform
Relevant qualities or experience
- Proven track record of testing complex financial systems
- Strong experience in Python (we use pytest currently)
- Collaborative and able and willing to work in a remote-first environment
- Cucumber, Robot, pytest
Desirable (but not essential)
- Experience working with at least one public blockchain
- Experience using Docker & publishing docker images
- Working knowledge of Go
- Prior experience working remotely
- Degree in a numerate discipline (Maths, Physics or Computer Science)
- Interest in or experience with networking (the social kind) / public speaking