New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2022
Upshot builds financial infrastructure for long-tail assets. Our advanced machine learning models provide real-time valuations and liquidity for NFTs, Real World Assets, and other long-tail assets typically overlooked by traditional finance. By enabling price discovery and tradability, we unlock new markets where traders can participate with confidence. We envision an open financial system where any asset can be valued and traded
As crypto-natives and ML experts with experience across leading Web3 projects, our team combines deep blockchain knowledge with cutting-edge technical capabilities. We’re backed by top crypto venture funds and angel investors who share our vision for the future of digital ownership.
At Upshot, we nurture our people just as much as our products, providing an environment where top talent can thrive at the intersection of crypto and AI. Together, we’re building the infrastructure and services that will allow NFTs and other assets to fulfill their potential to transform finance, ownership, and creative economies. Join us as we shape the next frontier.
We're looking for a full-stack engineer to join our growing team. Alongside a team of other talented engineers, you will play a leading role in creating our existing and future web products. You will be responsible for ensuring high-quality, consistent user experience across our suite of web products.
Frontend stack: Next.js, Redux, SWR, TypeScript, Ethers, Wagmi, Styled Components, Tailwind
Backend stack: NestJS, Node, TypeScript, Redis, Ethers, Postgres, Sequelize, Docker, Kafka, AWS, Apache Flink
- Own the entire lifecycle of our backend and frontend services, from defining a roadmap and proposing designs to implementing a final product.
- Enhance the software development lifecycle to enable rapid learning, including ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features and tech debt
- Quickly implement functional UI components with mockups received from the design team -- prioritizing composability, performance, and responsiveness
- Create and maintain composable components that can be used across our suite of web products
- Ensure components are performant and mobile-friendly
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
- Produce high-level internal and external documentation
- Collaborate, mentor, and provide support to other team members
- 3+ years of frontend development experience (React)
- 3+ years of backend development experience (Node and TypeScript)
- Prior experience with Kafka or other distributed event streaming platform
- Prior experience creating and maintaining scalable React applications
- Prior experience with Postgres or similar databases
- Familiarity with web3 frontend libraries such as ethers.js, web3-react, etc.
- Prior experience leading front-end development projects end to end
- Prior experience architecting front-end interactions and components given design mockups
- Highly knowledgeable in the Web3 Crypto/NFT/DeFi space with a solid grasp of recent global trends and use cases
- Ability to move quickly, adjusting course when necessary, in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to drive oneself to take initiative and action to pursue goals and complete tasks
Nice to have
- Prior experience working with Redux
- Prior experience using Styled Components to create scalable component libraries
- Prior experience using charting libraries to build data visualizations with React
- Prior experience using Figma
- Prior experience working on mobile application development
- Prior experience developing backend data-architecture
- Prior experience with machine learning
- Passionate about DeFi
- Prior experience with progressive web apps
Upshot is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.