Senior Distributed Systems Engineer
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2022
Upshot’s mission is, and always has been, to enable the creation of efficient financial markets for anything. We believe building at the intersection of crypto and AI is the best way to achieve our mission and usher in a new era of efficient financial markets.
As crypto-natives and ML experts with experience across leading Web3 projects, large finance companies, and large tech companies, our team combines deep blockchain knowledge with world-class technical capabilities. We’re backed by top crypto venture funds and angel investors who share our vision for the future of digital ownership.
At Upshot, we nurture our people just as much as our products, providing an environment where top talent can thrive at the intersection of crypto and AI. Together, we’re building the infrastructure to enable financial markets for anything. Join us as we shape the next frontier.
Backend technical stack: libp2p, Go, NodeJS, TypeScript, Python, Redis, Ethers, Postgres, Docker, Kafka, AWS, Apache Flink, Apache Airflow
- Work with various teams and squads to bring features and products to life
- Build high-quality and well-tested code
- Own the entire lifecycle of our backend services, from defining a roadmap and proposing designs to implementing a final product
- Enhance the software development lifecycle to enable rapid learning, including ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features and tech debt
- Produce high-level internal and external documentation
- Collaborate, mentor, and provide support to other team members
- 3+ years experience building infrastructure in an adversarial p2p environment e.g. creating or maintaining blockchain nodes
- 5+ years experience of Go experience
- 5+ years experience with SQL and NoSQL systems
- Prior experience with the Web3 technical stack
- Highly knowledgeable in the Web3/Crypto/DeFi and AI space with a solid grasp of recent global trends and use cases
- Experience with building public-facing APIs used in a production setting and serving at least 4 orders of magnitude of requests per day
- Thrives when working fast, autonomously, transparently, within an async, remote workplace
Nice to have
- Prior experience building open source developer tooling and interacting with open source communities
- Prior experience building appchains with cosmos SDK or contributing to cosmos ecosystem
- Prior experience with Kafka or other distributed event streaming platform
- Prior experience building production-grade smart contracts
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that an employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Upshot is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.