Game VFX Artist
Join Tatsu Works, a passionate game studio, where we're dedicated to crafting immersive gaming experiences and enhancing global gaming communities. We're looking for a Game VFX Artist to join us to work on our latest development, Tatsumeeko, a Fantasy Life-simulator RPG that blends social immersion with classic RPG elements, set in the expansive world of Ielia. We're breaking new ground by making Tatsumeeko accessible on both Discord and mobile platforms, merging social interaction with combat and adventure. Come be part of the future of gaming at Tatsu Works!
Game VFX Artist Responsibilities
- Creating visual effects art assets that balance performance, efficiency, and artistry to achieve optimal run time visual quality and game performance.
- Research, conceptualise and derive quality visual effects from real-world or supernatural references for various aspects of the game.
- Collaborates with the art director, game designers, and programmers to ensure that VFX meets the game requirements while adhering to artistic standards.
- Sharing knowledge and best practices with teammates.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Prior experience creating 2D and/or 3D effects for one or more shipped games, with at least one year of experience in visual effects making.
- Experience working with Unity game engine and its particle system or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Unity Visual Effects Graph & virtual cameras is a plus.
- Knowledge of content creation software, especially 3d Software like Maya/Blender and Photoshop.
- Demonstrate understanding of lighting, shader creation, particle effects and animation pipeline in games.
- A good understanding of the technical aspects of game art creation
- Has a firm grasp of colour theory, composition and timing.
- Excellent multitasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills.
- Understand and embrace the speed of a growing startup
- Comfortable working with remote team members in various timezones and on Discord
- Willing to get your hands dirty and get work done; able to take feedback and criticism from others and work on the feedback.
- Have a strong interest in anime and mobile games.
- Experience with pixel art and Spine animation will be a plus.