Senior Software Engineer
Join Tatsu Works, a passionate game studio, where we're dedicated to crafting immersive gaming experiences and enhancing global gaming communities. We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer (based in Malaysia) to join us to work on our latest development, Tatsumeeko, a Fantasy Life-simulator RPG that blends social immersion with classic RPG elements, set in the expansive world of Ielia. We're breaking new ground by making Tatsumeeko accessible on both Discord and mobile platforms, merging social interaction with combat and adventure. Come be part of the future of gaming at Tatsu Works!
Senior Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Consistently define and achieve goals during each development cycle
- Take ownership over parts of the product and constantly suggest and iterate the product
- Design, develop and improve server-side applications and databases.
- Discuss and provide constructive advice to the team
- Ensure backend solutions are built with security, performance, and scalability in mind.
- Assist with DevOps if required.
- Develop, test, and release new features and game patches
- Develop pipelines to help the engineering team ship features faster
- Maintain, upgrade and iterate existing features
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Being able to work with the team to scale up features and solutions.
- Experience mentoring/leading a team (at least 1-2 years) is a great advantage.
- Are comfortable bringing up suggestions in a firm and professional manner.
- Can understand robust system design and architecture
- Write clean code and build reusable modules/plugins.
- Collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
- Document everything so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
- Have an enthusiastic, just-do-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Know your way around Linux and Unix Shell.
- Have strong experience with Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, or similar technologies
- Have strong programming skills in TypeScript, Rust, or Golang.
- Have strong knowledge of no-SQL and SQL databases like Redis, Postgres, and FoundationDB.
- Have a strong interest in anime and mobile games.