IT, People & HR
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Who Are We?
Obol Labs is a remote-first research and software development team focused on Proof of Stake infrastructure for public blockchain networks. Specific topics of focus are Internet Bonds, Distributed Validator Technology, and Multi-Operator Validation. The core team includes +25 members spread across +14countries.
The core team is building the Obol Network, a protocol to foster trust-minimized staking through multi-operator validation. This will enable low-trust access to Ethereum staking yield, which can be used as a core building block in various Web3 products.
The network can be best visualized as a work layer that sits directly on top of the base layer consensus. This work layer is designed to provide the base layer with more resiliency and decentralization as it scales. In this chapter of Ethereum, we will move on to the next great scaling challenge, which is stake centralization. Layers like Obol are critical to the long-term viability and resiliency of public networks, especially networks like Ethereum.
Obol as a layer is focused on scaling main chain staking by providing permissionless access to Distributed Validators. The network utilizes a middleware implementation of Distributed Validator Technology (DVT), to enable the operation of distributed validator clusters that can preserve validators' current client and remote signing configurations.
Similar to how roll-up technology laid the foundation for L2 scaling implementations, we believe DVT will do the same for scaling the consensus layer while preserving decentralization. Staking infrastructure is entering its protocol phase of evolution, which must include trust-minimized staking networks that can be plugged into at scale. We believe DVT will evolve into a widely used primitive and will ensure the security, resiliency, and decentralization of public networks.
The Obol Network develops and maintains four core public goods that will eventually work together through circular economics:
The DV Launchpad, a User Interface for bootstrapping and managing Distributed Validators
Charon, a middleware Golang client that enables validators to run in a fault-tolerant, distributed manner
Obol Managers, a set of solidity libraries for the formation of Distributed Validators tailored to different use cases such as DeFi, Liquid Staking, and Fractionalized Deposits
Obol Testnets, a set of ongoing public incentivized testnets that enable any sized operator to test their deployment before serving for the Ethereum Main net
Sustainable Public Goods
Obol is inspired by previous work on Ethereum public goods and experimenting with circular economics. We believe that to unlock innovation in staking use cases, a credibly neutral layer must exist for innovation to flow and evolve vertically. Without this layer, highly available uptime will continue to be a moat.
The Obol Network will become an open, community-governed, self-sustaining project over the coming months and years. Together we will incentivize, build, and maintain distributed validator technology that makes public networks a more secure and resilient foundation to build on top of.
Mission of the role:
Work together with the Head of People to build an efficient recruiting process that will help scale Obol. The recruiting process is also part of our employer branding strategy: how we hire talks about our company.
The Technical Recruiter needs to have excellent communication skills and be kind, respectful, and process-oriented.
- Oversee and own the full life cycle recruitment process:Identify requirements and job responsibilities in partnership with Hiring Managers
- Post the roles in the job portals, Twitter, LinkedIn, internal communication channels etc
- Communicate updates to the candidates and the hiring managers
- Search actively for candidates via different tools (LinkedIn, twitter, telegram groups, Github, job portals, etc.).
- Review applications, conduct pre-screens and HR interviews
- Identify areas of improvement in the recruitment process and proactively come up with initiatives
- Promote open positions strategically in collaborating with the communication team
- Manage recruitment agencies (if applicable) and other partnerships
- Work with the Head of People to prepare the offers
- Build personalized Onboardings for every new joiner
- Maintain updated recruitment KPIs and present them monthly to the Head of People.
- Previous experience in the role of a web3 company (mandatory)
- Understanding of the tech stack and development roles in the Web3 space (mandatory)
- Positive attitude and proactivity it´s a must to work in the People team
- Good communication skills
- Ideal Time zone from GMT-8 to GMT+3.
- Competitive compensation
- Annual Global Off-site
- An annual opportunity to attend blockchain conferences
- Unlimited paid time off
- Budget for personal equipment
- Budget for training or education