Validator Relations - DevRel
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2023
Who Are We?
Obol Labs is a remote-first research and software development team focused on Proof of Stake infrastructure for public blockchain networks. Specific topics of focus are Internet Bonds, Distributed Validator Technology, and Multi-Operator Validation. The core team includes +20 members spread across +10 countries.
The core team is building the Obol Network, a protocol to foster trust-minimized staking through multi-operator validation. This will enable low-trust access to Ethereum staking yield, which can be used as a core building block in various Web3 products.
The network can be best visualized as a work layer that sits directly on top of the base layer consensus. This work layer is designed to provide the base layer with more resiliency and decentralization as it scales. In this chapter of Ethereum, we will move on to the next great scaling challenge, which is stake centralization. Layers like Obol are critical to the long-term viability and resiliency of public networks, especially networks like Ethereum.
Obol as a layer is focused on scaling main chain staking by providing permissionless access to Distributed Validators. The network utilizes a middleware implementation of Distributed Validator Technology (DVT), to enable the operation of distributed validator clusters that can preserve validators' current client and remote signing configurations.
Similar to how roll-up technology laid the foundation for L2 scaling implementations, we believe DVT will do the same for scaling the consensus layer while preserving decentralization. Staking infrastructure is entering its protocol phase of evolution, which must include trust-minimized staking networks that can be plugged into at scale. We believe DVT will evolve into a widely used primitive and will ensure the security, resiliency, and decentralization of public networks.
The Obol Network develops and maintains four core public goods that will eventually work together through circular economics:
The DV Launchpad, a User Interface for bootstrapping and managing Distributed Validators
Charon, a middleware Golang client that enables validators to run in a fault-tolerant, distributed manner
Obol Managers, a set of solidity libraries for the formation of Distributed Validators tailored to different use cases such as DeFi, Liquid Staking, and Fractionalized Deposits
Obol Testnets, a set of ongoing public incentivized testnets that enable any sized operator to test their deployment before serving for the Ethereum Main net
Sustainable Public Goods
Obol is inspired by previous work on Ethereum public goods and experimenting with circular economics. We believe that to unlock innovation in staking use cases, a credibly neutral layer must exist for innovation to flow and evolve vertically. Without this layer, highly available uptime will continue to be a moat.
The Obol Network will become an open, community-governed, self-sustaining project over the coming months and years. Together we will incentivize, build, and maintain distributed validator technology that makes public networks a more secure and resilient foundation to build on top of.
Validator Relations' (ValRel) mission is to cover the strategies and tactics for building and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships between Obol and the global validator community.
The Validator Relations role will provide opportunities for validators to be more successful by making them aware of our solutions, enabling them through extraordinary experiences, and fostering engagement and a culture of collaboration.
We are seeking a technically-minded individual with a passion for people and a deep interest in Ethereum staking. The position will work closely with Obol’s product, growth, and business functions to achieve common goals across the diverse community of Obol network validators.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the technical and operational details of running Obol infrastructure in different validator environments.
- Create and curate documentation and workflows to educate the validator and staking community
- Join secondary calls with the Obol Business team to onboard and work closely with critical infrastructure projects.
- Expand the official docs.obol.com validator documentation
- Develop narrative-driven tutorials, walk-through videos, and other educational content for the community
- Help potential/current validators discover Obol
- Develop processes and strategies to handle technical and general questions from Discord and Twitter (and other social media platforms).
- Identify pain points for validators and alleviate them through better content and community knowledge-building.
- Collaborate with the Growth Lead to drive engagement in the community via various digital and social campaigns.
- Act as a liaison between the validator community and the Obol Core Team, including Growth, Product, Business, and Development.
- Lead community calls, AMAs, and other types of community events.
- Attend conferences to speak and interact with the Ethereum developer and validator community.
- Write Obol branded content
- The ideal Time zone is from GMT-5 to GMT+3.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- A strong track record of speaking, presenting and teaching highly technical topics virtually or in person.
- While a technical degree is not required, technical knowledge is essential.
- You should have in-depth devops knowledge and experience, be unafraid of CLI and code, and be eager to dive into blockchain and open-source technology
- Experience running validators or similar infrastructure experience.
- Participation in the general web3 ecosystem or blockchain project.
- Experience managing/operating a developer or technical community.
- Ability to collaborate while also working independently
- Passion for web3 & strong belief in Obol’s mission
Nice to have
- Solid programming skills and developer experience
- Knowledge of blockchain infrastructure, specifically Proof-of-Stake, more specifically Ethereum
- Fully Remote, flexible working hours (Independent contractor)
- Work with a team of talented engineers building amazing stuff
- We care about work-life balance, you are important as a professional and also as a person!
- Annual global offsite
- Unlimited paid time off (based on our company policy)
- Personal hardware & professional training budget
You won’t regret joining us!
See more open positions at Obol Labs
Something looks off?