Data Engineer APAC (F/M/D)
Flowdesk is seeking a highly motivated Data Engineer to join the team and managed by the Quentin, the Lead Data!
The data engineer will be an integral part of the growing data team, working closely with our trading and quantitative departments to provide a platform and tools to answer their analytical needs. The data platform revolves around Dagster deployed on Kubernetes for the orchestration, and dbt on BigQuery for the transformations.
The next challenge will be to add support for real-time ingestion and processing of terabytes of market data.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, scalable, and reliable batch and streaming data pipelines to support Flowdesk's trading infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain data warehouses, data lakes, and other data management systems with a strong focus on logical and physical modeling.
- Contribute early on to the definition of the data team's data products in order to maximize ease of access, data quality, and related documentation.
- Work closely with the data science and analytics team to provide clean and well-organized data for use in predictive models, machine learning, and other analytics applications.
- Collaborate with the software engineering team to integrate data-related functionality into Flowdesk's trading infrastructure and other applications.
- Leverage cutting-edge data engineering technologies to continually improve the speed, reliability, and scalability of Flowdesk's data processing capabilities.
- Develop and maintain strong processes and procedures for data quality control, data validation, data documentation and, data integration.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including traders, developers, and compliance officers to ensure that all data used by Flowdesk is accurate, timely, and compliant with relevant regulations and requirements.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering or related field.
- Experience working with distributed streaming systems (Kafka, Beam, Flink).
- Knowledge and understanding of the lake-house architecture (Trino, open table format).
- Experience optimizing modern data warehousing platforms (BigQuery is a plus).
- Experience working with Kubernetes and major Cloud providers is a big plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced an international environment.
- Knowledge of the data engineering ecosystem (contribution to open source projects is a plus).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
💸 Stock options
🌍 International environment (English is the main language)
🏥 An allowance of 400 SGD / per month / per person in the household
💻 Top of the range equipment: Macbook, keyboard, laptop stand, 4K monitor & headphones
🎉 Team events and offsites
🔜 Coming soon: gym memberships, international mobility & lot of other cool benefits!
👀 Are you interested in this job but feel you haven't ticked all the boxes? Don't hesitate to apply and tell us in the cover letter section why we should meet!
📝 Here's what you can expect if you apply:
- HR call (30')
- Technical Assessment
- Technical Interview with the Lead Data (60')
- Culture Interview with the Lead TA (30') and the Head of Department (30')
On the agenda: discussions rather than trick questions! These moments of exchange will allow you to understand how Flowdesk works and its values. But they are also (and above all) an opportunity for you to present your career path and your expectations for your next job!