About CoW Protocol
- CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the fairest and most efficient venue for exchanging digital assets on all EVM-compatible chains. Since launching 2 years ago, we have passed $23bn (yes, billion) in trade volume and become the 2nd most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- aiming for #1.
- We are an ambitious, fast-growing, and international team working at the forefront of DeFi.
- We believe that we can make markets both more efficient and fair by building the ultimate batch auction settlement layer across EVM-compatible blockchains.
- Protection from MEV. CoW Protocol is the industry leader in protecting users from frontrunning and sandwich attacks, which lose traders thousands of dollars every day. It does this by matching trades peer-to-peer and leveraging batch auctions [→] so trade order becomes irrelevant.
By joining us at this early stage, you will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of the CoW Protocol.
About the role
Location: We are a fully remote team, and although we contract globally, there is a preference for this role to be based in Europe or remote +/- 4 hours CEST time
Position: 60%-100% contractual basis
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, experienced operations Manager to join our team.
If you're an expert and generalist, self-driven, take the initiative, are passionate about blockchain technology, and can identify with our values #JustDoIt and #Simplicity, we'd be excited to hear from you!
What you'll do
We are looking for a proactive and independent Operations Manager to cover the daily business and ecosystem operations - to get and keep things running, take care of operational day-to-day needs of the team, and support other functions, including people operations, legal compliance, and finances.
- Develop processes, realistic standards, and coherent policies where needed
- Communicate to a large team and collaborate across departments
- Align usage and administer subscriptions and team-wide tools, such as Slack, hiBob, Google Workplace, Notion, TravelPerk, Zoom, 1Password, Uber, etc
- Implement organisational changes and communicate effectively
- Manage external relationships with auditors, tax advisors, legal counsels, tax authorities, customers and vendors
- Track and manage subscriptions and contracts of the company
- Organise company off-sites, conferences and events
- Help with the project’s related decentralized autonomous organisation (“DAO”) governance and the broader ecosystem operations
- Use your labour law knowledge (in any jurisdiction) and facilitate different methods of contracting team members (as individuals and through entities)
- Draft and review contracts with customers, contractors, and suppliers (general terms & conditions, NDAs, service agreements, etc.)
- Research and advice on new and relevant crypto regulation
- Support contractual people operation matters
- Take ownership of coworkers' life cycle: You on- and off-board through smooth processes
- Support the recruitment team; interview and hire team-members
You would be working actively with our Finance Manager; hence, support in the finance and accounting-related areas is optional but can also be your focus. Additionally, you will be working closely with our legal advisors, where the legal or regulation area is also an optional focus for your expertise.
You are a good fit if you are
- Pragmatic - Finding easy solutions and getting things done without overcomplicating. But you also know when to be thorough!
- Ownership - You own the responsibilities and see projects end-to-end and over the finish line
- Proactive & Independent - You identify and resolve issues independently. You see room for improvement and find meaningful tasks
- Excellent communication - You have the ability to express ideas and write long text documents; you have excellent interpersonal skills in both an in-person as well as remote environment
- Knowledgeable - You don’t need to rely on much input to move ahead and complete something from start to finish. You apply good judgment and, where needed, do the applicable research first You can dive into new areas in order to gain the required expertise
- Organised - You are on top of your tasks, keep files in order, and make sure templates exist and are up-to-date and shared. You think 3 steps ahead. You can context switch very well across different domains seamlessly
- Speed and enabling - You enjoy enabling and empowering others by making sure that others have what they need to perform their work well by removing yourself as a bottleneck. You know when and how to involve stakeholders
- Humble. See something that needs to get done? You just do it
- Adaptable - Startups move at a fast pace, and the ideal candidate should be able to pivot and adapt their strategies quickly as needed and move in an ambiguous environment
- Collaborative - A strong leader fosters a collaborative environment and thrives on building solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- You have at least 4+ years of relevant experience
- Your background is in either of the subjects of operations, people operation, finance, or legal, with advanced experience in the remaining three
- You are comfortable in making decisions independently
- You have strong leadership skills and a hands-on mentality
- You have strong analytical skills and prioritisation
- You are self-motivated and take a results-oriented approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
It’s a plus if you bring:
- Already have work experience in a start-up and, ideally, in the blockchain industry. Understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem and enthusiasm for crypto / web3
What we can offer you
- Flexible work environment: Join our hub in Lisbon or work remotely
- Token Plan: Have a stake in our mission and shape the future of CoW DAO
- Periodic Gatherings: Enjoy opportunities to connect with the rest of the team through regular trips
- Conference Allocation: Stay up-to-date with ecosystem advancements using our conference budget
- Learning budget: Use our Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
- Hardware budget: Benefit from a hardware budget for acquiring the necessary equipment
- Make an impact: You are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
- Flat hierarchies mean fewer processes and bureaucracy - see more of your ideas come to life!
- Flexible work and vacation times: Prioritize work-life balance through our robust, flexible work policy and vacation allowance
- Growth: If you're someone who loves taking the initiative and getting things done, there are a lot of opportunities for your individual growth