Celestia Foundation CFO
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Celestia is the first modular blockchain network. By decoupling consensus from execution, Celestia enables anyone to easily deploy their own blockchain, without the overhead of bootstrapping a new consensus network. Blockchains on Celestia are free from constraints, making them scalable, sovereign, and secure.
About the Team
The Celestia Foundation is remote first and highly distributed, with English as our primary language for communication. We are looking for self-starters that are excited about working in a fast paced startup environment. We do not require team members to live in specific timezones, but much of the team lives and works in the European timezones. As such, team members are expected to be available as needed for team and company events that are scheduled. Generally these are scheduled between 12pm-5pm UTC.
The Celestia Foundation is looking for a Chief Financial Officer. You will be responsible for designing and managing the financial strategy and operations of the foundation’s corporate group in alignment with its mission and objectives. You will oversee investments, prepare financial reports, and manage relationships with key financial service providers.
- Flexible and remote work environment
- Competitive salary and meaningful long-term compensation package
- Stipends for home office and coworking space
- Full-team onsites twice per year and smaller-team onsites more frequently
- Budget for conference attendance and professional development
- 4 weeks annual vacation
- Develop and execute a financial strategy for the foundation’s corporate group in alignment with the group’s overall mission and objectives.
- Manage investments, asset management, financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Develop and manage internal controls to safeguard assets.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of quarterly financial reports and statements.
- Establish and maintain accounts with key financial service providers like banks, custodians, and trading desks.
- Manage relations with external financial advisors like accountants, auditors, and tax advisors.
- Ensure compliance with financial and accounting standards in relevant jurisdictions.
- Track and ensure the receipt or delivery of all investments, payments, ecosystem grants and team-member grants.
- Understand and manage financial aspects unique to on-chain activities, including multisignature transactions.
- Assist leadership team in designing and executing a plan to scale the foundation’s operations.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior financial managerial position.
- Strong familiarity with IFRS accounting standards and specific accounting rules for cryptocurrencies.
- Availability during CEST and/or GMT time zones.
- Proficient understanding of blockchain technology and its financial applications.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with other web3 foundations or treasury entities.
- Experience with foundation operations in Switzerland or Liechtenstein.
- Experience with the financial services ecosystem in Switzerland or Liechtenstein.
- Excellent German verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting standards.
While experience in the blockchain space is preferred – having general excitement about web3 and modular blockchain technology is a must!