Game Design Director - ReykjavíkDeadline
Game Design Director
CCP Games is looking for a Game Design Director to join the EVE Online team in Reykjavik, Iceland.
As game design director, you will work with the Creative Director and EVE development teams to strengthen the design discipline, vision and process. You will work with a diverse group of designers, all striving to deliver the best possible experiences to our players.
The development team is focused on delivering on the core initiatives set by EVE Leadership, these initiatives are set for 2-4 years with frequent deliveries along the way. Cross discipline teams are then built around these initiatives and deliveries. As a director, you will be naturally ‘hands-on’ and work closely with designers to realize direction and vision. You will ultimately be responsible for a team of system, content, narrative, monetization and economy designers, and be responsible for reviewing their deliverables.
- Maintain a clear and concise overview of game design direction of the project
- Work with teams, other directors and leadership to continually evolve EVE Online, take on existing game systems and find opportunities to further extend the opportunities that the EVE universe has to offer
- Lead, mentor and build a diverse group of designers, across multiple development teams, towards a shared design and game vision
- Clearly communicate design changes to the broader development team
- Unify and streamline shared processes to maximize efficiency and transparency
- Inspire and energize teams to innovate, test and deliver fun and engaging experiences to the EVE community
- Shipped a minimum of 1 game title as a lead or director
- Solid understanding of game production design process and methodology
- A demonstrable analytical and iterative approach to solving design problems
- Comfortable being hands-on
What we can offer you:
- The inspiring challenge of working in a pioneering environment in cooperation with talented co-workers
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Double work station setup and flexible work environment
- An active fun division that hosts regular events
- An excellent canteen that offers a weekly breakfast and lunch menu as well as drinks and snacks
- Discretionary quarterly and annual performance sharing plan
- Annual sports grant
- A mobile phone as well as a mobile usage package
- Home internet
- A conditional monthly transportation grant
- Work environment that focuses on employee well-being
- On-site doctor, free of charge, as well as other on-site services at a discounted price
- Relocation Package
About EVE Online:
EVE Online is a vast, community-driven scifi MMO where players, captuleers, can build and pilot a wide variety of starships, traversing vast solar systems and choosing their own path from countless options, experiencing space exploration, immense PvP and PvE battles, mining, industry and a sophisticated player economy in an ever-expanding sandbox. EVE is a captivating game in which hundreds of thousands of players compete for riches, power, glory and adventure, forging their own destinies in a single thriving universe.