Audio Programmer - ReykjavíkDeadline
We are looking for an Audio Programmer to work in our shared technology group!
As one of the Audio Programmers in the game engine team, you will be working in the Platform segment which is responsible for the audio engine, audio authoring pipeline and tools across the studio's products.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining systems that manage and enhance audio playback
- Collaborate with the tools team to ensure the audio tool pipeline is improved & maintained
- Integrating audio engine changes into game branches
- Understanding game-play code and facilitating the integration of audio systems and triggers
- Technical support for the Audio team
- Troubleshooting/bug fixing Audio issues
- Integrate and extend 3rd party software into the game engine
- Working with QA to support and plan testing of sound
- Knowledge of C/C++ and a revision control systems such as Perforce
- Strong scripting experience with languages such as Python
- Expert knowledge of technical audio concepts such as audio codecs, bitrate, etc.
- Experience with audio engines such as Wwise
- Comfortable refactoring and porting legacy code
- Passion for the audio discipline, especially electronic music
- Understanding of sound design principles
What we can offer you:
- The inspiring challenge of working on a new project in cooperation with talented and ambitious co-workers
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Double workstation setup and flexible work environment
- An active fun division that hosts regular events
- An excellent canteen that offers a weekly breakfast and lunch menu as well as drinks and snacks
- Discretionary quarterly and annual performance sharing plan
- Annual sports grant
- A mobile phone as well as a mobile usage package
- Home Internet
- A conditional monthly transportation grant
- A work environment that focuses on employee well-being
- On-site doctor, free of charge, as well as other on-site services at a discounted price
- Relocation Package
All applicants should be prepared to provide code and work samples and/or set time aside for a test assignment.
All application and related documents must be submitted in English to be valid.