Legal Consultant (IP Law and Blockchain Regulations)
The Legal Consultant will provide support to the in-house legal counsel and the management team in specific key legal areas of intellectual property (IP) law and blockchain and digital assets regulation. The contract would be on a part-time retainer basis with an estimated workload of 15-20 hours a week (60-80 hours a month).
Specific IP-related related legal work such as:
- Assisting in the drafting, reviewing, and negotiation of contracts, agreements, and licenses related to intellectual property, blockchain, and digital assets.
- Advising the company on IP strategies, including trademark and copyright protection, patent applications, and trade secret management, to safeguard the company's assets and innovations.
- Assist in the management and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including conducting trademark and copyright infringement analyses, drafting cease and desist letters, and coordinating with external counsel for potential legal actions, such as litigation or dispute resolution.
- Legal research on the latest developments and changes in intellectual property law, blockchain technology, and digital assets regulation, and provide proactive recommendations and guidance to the in-house legal counsel and management team regarding potential legal risks or opportunities.
General legal work on various projects and legal matters, such as:
- Drafting and negotiation of legal documents like SAFTs and SAFEs
- Corporate restructuring of an offshore company and of a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) within an international context
- Review of contracts and other legal documents or communications and audit of existing ones
- Assist on compliance and government license applications with the SEC, BSP, and other Philippine government authorities
- Monitor key regulatory developments in such areas (Philippines and other key jurisdictions like the US) both for proactive crisis management and commercial opportunities
- Drafting and creation of policies in compliance, marketing and communications review, data protection, AML and due diligence processes
- Corporate housekeeping of various legal entities (Philippines and other jurisdictions) by auditing, maintaining and tracking records and files like board resolutions and agreements
- Coordinate with in-house legal counsel on the creation of crisis and contingency plans in anticipation of regulatory scrutiny or future litigation and disputes
- Draft and negotiate employment agreements and assist in human resource functions
- Help in the audit of marketing materials and communications for possible de-risking
- Attend meetings or calls with the in-house counsel with the management or executive team as needed
- Licensed lawyer in the Philippines
- Basic understanding of blockchain technology and the crypto industry
- Must be willing to engage in substantive legal work like review and drafting of contracts, legal research, etc. (not just an advisory role)
- Philippine legal work experience in any of the following:
- As an associate of a to IP law firm or just a top law firm in general in the Philippines (ACCRA, SyCip, Romulo, etc.)
- In-house counsel for a tech or fintech company
- Investment or banking law
- Government agencies like the SEC, BSP or AML
- International securities, investments and commercial law experience is an advantage.
- Specialized knowledge or familiarity with crypto industry or blockchain technology
- Work From Home
- Leave Credits
- Training & Development