Accounts Payable Lead
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We’re committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptions and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological environments.
About the job
The Sky Mavis Finance team is seeking a Payable Lead who plays a crucial role in a dynamic team dedicated to the full set of account payables and will report to the Chief Accountant, as well as building strong supplier relationships.
- Prepare SOP regarding the Payment process for all payment gateways and entities. Ensure on-time payment and be the Point of contact for all related parties reg payment status.
- Automate the approval payment process across departments and all payment gateways.
- Run and improve the payment tools to reduce the manual tasks and speed up the payment process.
- Account payables accounting are booked accurately and completely.
- Design and identify an efficient procurement process for the whole group.
- Maintain and manage the procurement tool, and upgrade along the way.
- Verify and process payment requests from various departments, and ensure coding to the correct GL account. Follow up with the payment request initiator on the payment/invoice issue.
- Verify employee expense reports within the company's system and initiate transactions for payments.. Follow-up with employees on the pending expense report issue.
- Ensure invoices posted are aligned with the accounting SOPs: Approved Purchase Requests, goods / services received, Approved Payment Requests, etc.
- Prepare the intercompany loan/AP transactions with other entities within the group.
- Prepare an aging report, reconcile the bank, cash & Payable Account.
- Update bank account/crypto movement and balance weekly or bi-weekly.
- Provide monthly cash flow forecast for the entity from vendors for cash injection.
- Process payment postings to the Quickbook/Netsuite system.
- Control the amount in the bank and deal FX for selling foreign currency when there is a shortage, if any.
- Other tasks assigned by the line manager.