Financial Controller (Norway/ Europe based)
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the role
As a Financial Controller at Sky Mavis you will be a driving force in our finance team. Sky Mavis has scaled at an exceptional rate, closing both Series A ($7.5m) and Series B ($152m) in 2021, with our latest cap raise valuing us at $3bn. We move quickly, and your tasks will evolve over time. The ultimate purpose of your tasks will be to contribute to develop and operate a stellar finance function, and for now they include:
- Support and improve monthly close process, consolidation, reconciliations and investor reporting.
- Support audit and accounting documentation on group level.
- Contribute in ongoing projects the finance team has.
- Develop scalable frameworks and processes across entities.
- Be hands-on and ensure that financial operations run smoothly on group level.
- Work closely with our VP of Finance to implement and automate reporting.
- The role will be a 6-month contract with the possibility of permanent employment at the end of the contract.
- 3-5 years relevant experience (audit/controller/financial advisory).
- Preferably based in Norway, but will consider other European countries.
- Experience working in an international company. Start-up or growth experience is a plus.
- MSc in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or similar. Relevant experience can compensate for education level.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have strong initiative.
- You are analytical, learn quickly and adapt to new principles and ideas.
- Curious about crypto and eager to learn about the gaming industry. Experience within these fields is an advantage.
- A front-row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that make positive impacts in changing many people’s lives globally
- A fast-paced, young, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute species
- A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Give you freedom & ownership of your work
Embrace your nature as a gamer (Why else would you want to join us?)
You’ll acquire new skills as we usher in a new era of ownership.
Help you to give your family the security that they deserve