Game UI/UX Designer
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the squad
Axie Infinity: Homeland is one of the flagship games in the Axie Infinity franchise. It is a game that will span multiple genres including simulation, RPG, strategy, and more. In addition, it is the gathering place for the Axie Infinity community where they will be able to socialize, play, and build in a metaverse experience.
About the role
As a Game UI/UX Designer, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining the user interface and experience of our virtual worlds. In this role, you will collaborate with our developers, product managers and game designers to ensure that our games provide an immersive and intuitive experience for players.
- Create flowcharts, wireframes, personas, user stories, journey maps, and prototypes to communicate design decisions to other team members based on game documents from Game Designers.
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team of amazing game designers, engineers, and artists to deliver extraordinary gameplay experiences.
- Follow-up on the final implementation of all features to ensure proper execution. Account for user feedback and the efficient use of user research services to optimize the game experience.
- Proactively monitor, detect problems and suggest improvements;
- Make sure the experience is excellent across all platforms.
- An understanding of game flow and scripting.
- Experience working with Figma or similar UX visual prototyping workflows.
- A portfolio demonstrating 2 or more years of UI/UX experience working in the interactive media and/or video games industry, knowing pretty well what makes UX/UI design technically feasible.
- Problem-solving, ability to adapt quickly to change, flexibility in thinking and welcoming positive feedback for improvement.
- English, especially in reading & writing.
Will be a plus
- A college degree in a related field.
- Love playing games.
- Creative ability and general knowledge of the game market in general.
Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that is making a positive impact and changing people’s lives globallyA fast-paced, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute beings
A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Freedom, autonomy & ownership around your work
Contribute to making revolutionary games
Acquire new and unique skills as we usher in a new era of digital ownership
Give yourself and your family the security you deserve