Senior VFX Game Artist
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the Role
Our Senior VFX Game Artist is responsible for creating an eye catching and exciting visual effect to our games. You need to work with multiple teams to understand the game design concepts, experimenting with various render styles and exploring new method to create stunning visual to the players. As a Senior VFX Game Artist, your day-to-day will be:
- Collaborate with Art Director on the visual style of all effects in the game.
- Create certain light, camera/lens effects and optimize visual effects for real-time rendering within a PBR environment from the design concepts, or from your own ideas.
- Work with Game Designers and Programmers to create effects required for gameplay (impact decals, explosions, muzzle flashes, and other related weapon and breakable effects, etc) to further develop pipelines and tools.
- Optimize work and maintain the balance between quality and performance, comprehend the real-time practices, production pipelines, and workflows to ensure the final products’ quality.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in making visual effects with a tough portfolio of previous work and projects in the similar field for casual game, turn-base or similar types.
- An excellent eye for lighting details, and the capability to use them in crafting top-notch visual effects that support gameplay and cinematography.
- Proficient in related industry-standard softwares (Adobe After Effect, Unity, Unreal, etc.), willing to remain up-to-date on the latest creative software and hardware with various rendering techniques.
- Explore and understand stylized art from the game design and provide the best optimized method to deliver the result.
- Responsible for designing and testing products from concept to production.
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, interpret, mentor, work independently with excellent time management and teamwork skills.
Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that is making a positive impact and changing people’s lives globallyA fast-paced, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute beings
A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Freedom, autonomy & ownership around your work
Contribute to making revolutionary games
Acquire new and unique skills as we usher in a new era of digital ownership
Give yourself and your family the security you deserve
Something looks off?