Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2023
Settler Labs, is building Astria: The Shared Sequencer Network. Astria tackles centralization head-on, providing rollups with a decentralized sequencer and even better UX. Astria’s Shared Sequencer Network is a middleware blockchain with its own decentralized sequencer set which accepts transactions from multiple rollups. These transactions are ordered into a single block and written to the base layer without executing them.
We envision a future where thousands of decentralized, sovereign rollups flourish, each tailored to meet the unique requirements of different industries, applications, and use cases. We have built a talented and diverse team capable of delivering outstanding results to achieve this vision. The Astria team is remote first, and employees aren’t required to live in any specific timezone. We use English as our primary language, and employees are expected to be generally available between 10:00 and 14:00 Mountain Standard Time (MST).
About the Role
Astria is seeking a Senior Engineer to help design and develop our core protocol, and a modified EVM that will be deployed as a sovereign rollup on top of Celestia.
- Contribute readable, well-tested, and well-documented code to the core Astria protocol
- Assist in designing the Astria software architecture
- Onboard and mentor new developers
- 4+ years work experience as a backend software engineer
- Experience with at least one backend language (eg. Go, Rust, C++, Java)
- Familiarity with Distributed systems
- Experience with “Cloud native” development (eg. Docker, Kubernetes, GCP/AWS/Azure)
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) or other Blockchain/Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT).
- Experience with Rust
- Flexible and remote work environment
- Employer covered Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Unlimited Sick Time
- Options to travel to crypto conferences
- Two Annual Team On-site Events